Binny Gill started his career as a programmer after studying CS and Engineering at IIT Kanpur and later UIUC, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign. He then had an impressive eight-year run as a technology leader at Nutanix, the hyper converged infrastructure company, eventually becoming its CTO for cloud services. In January 2021, Binny left Nutanix to start Kognitos based on a bold vision to make everyone a programmer. In this discussion, we learn about his journey and how generative AI just may change everything.
Thanks to Steve Kaplan for the intro to Binny.
Listen and learn:
- Binny’s inspiration for starting Kognitos: “…why should humans need to think like machines… when machines can now think like humans?”
- What makes programming so hard.
- Why the future of programming is using natural language to describe the features you want.
- How computing interfaces restrict us from communicating like humans when programming.
- Why Binny says “generative AI is the new electricity.”
- The most important leadership lesson Binny learned working alongside iconic leaders at IBM.
References in this episode:
Generative AI: Embracing Intelligent Automation is a Kognitos production. Kognitos enables businesses to build and manage automation in real-time using human language. For a demo visit Kognitos.com
Ensure you never miss an episode, subscribe wherever you listen to podcasts!
Connect with host Ajay Manglani on LinkedIn. Follow Kognitos.