We've compiled most frequently asked questions to guide you on your journey towards successful business automation.
Unlock the Power of AI for your business
Have a question?
Introduction to Kognitos
What is Kognitos?
Kognitos is the leading Generative AI Automation platform enabling users to automate end to end business processes simply by typing what they wish to accomplish in English. Built on a proprietary LLM based interpreter, and leveraging tools including OCR, NLP and LLMs like GPT3, Kognitos is focused on helping businesses automate even the most complex, exception heavy, document heavy processes.
What processes does Kognitos Automate?
Kognitos automates business processes that involve moving, transforming or combining data between multiple applications like ERP, CRM, Excel, email etc. Kognitos is especially strong at automating document heavy processes compared to other automation tools due to “Conversational Exception Handling” which places the ability to manage and change processes all in the hands of the business user with no training required.
How does Kognitos automate processes?
Kogitos automates processes by translating a user's instructions from English into libraries of automation code. This code calls various APIs to manipulate, change and edit data and objects within applications, or to extract information from sources such as documents, email and communication tools.
Is there a list of APIs with which Kognitos is Integrated?
Kognitos has APIs across most major ERP, CRM, HRIS and productivity suites. We work to keep our site as up to date with this list as possible but often are behind! Current List can be found at the bottom of our homepage.
If my application isn’t on the API list, can Kognitos connect to my system?
Yes, if your company has custom software, or another SaaS product with which we have not yet integrated, we can quickly build an API connection typically in 1-2 weeks.
Can I build my own integration to Kognitos?
Not today, but Kognitos is launching our community integration builder in H2 of 2023 which will enable anyone to easily build custom API integrations.
Is Kognitos an RPA solution?
No, Kognitos is the leader in the GenerativeAI automation space. RPA tools are static, and based primarily off of if-then logic. Kognitos instead is built on an interpreter framework, and incorporates Generative AI throughout the user experience.
Can Kognitos work with RPA tools?
Kognitos can work in conjunction with RPA tools when needed. As Kognitos does not offer screen-scraping today, in select situations customers use RPA tools to scrape data that is then fed into Kognitos for the majority of a process.
How does Kognitos use Generative AI?
Generative AI is the core of Kognitos and used throughout the user experience. At its core, Kognitos uses its own LLM to translate “English Code” into API based automation. When errors or exceptions occur, Kognitos utilizes both its own LLM and outside LLMs like GPT-3 to provide “Conversational Exception Handling”, presenting users with a problem statement in English and giving users the ability to address the exception and even teach the process logic for exceptions in the future, all in English. Kognitos is also using Generative AI in its Koncierge part of the product, currently in Beta. Koncierge uses its experience seeing other automations to suggest to users how to automate a wish of theirs.
Does Kognitos offer 24/7 support?
Kognitos has two primary offices including our HQ in San Jose, California and our APAC HQ in Bengaluru India. We are able to offer 24/5 support to all customers and 24/7 support to customers upon request. Contact us at email@example.com.
How fast can Kognitos process orders?
Kognitos does not use bots or run times, and therefore is not limited like RPA tools. The speed at which process runs are completed is instead determined by the complexity and number of steps of that process.
Can process runs occur in parallel?
Kognitos can run in whatever form best matches the customers needs. This includes parallel runs and batch runs.
Does Kognitos have attended, unattended or hybrid automation?
Kognitos breaks free from the constraints of “Bots” and legacy RPA tools and does not need to define a process as attended, unattended, or hybrid. Instead, the same process can be run without any human intervention or with a human in the loop depending on the needs of the business user. Every Kognitos process can be run as an attended, unattended or hybrid process.
How are runs in Kognitos triggered?
Process runs are triggered in three different ways:
- Scheduled: For processes that need to run on-time, at the same time every hour, day, week or month, use Kognitos’s scheduling function.
- Event Driven: The most common form of trigger used by Kognitos customers is event-driven runs. Kognitos automations can be triggered by receiving emails, files, or by monitoring various software. (Ex. Insurance claim received by Kognitos inbox triggers the automation run). This is particularly an advantage for high-volume, high-frequency processes, and/or processes where it would be beneficial for processes to run 24/7.
- Manual Trigger: Often called “Attended Automation” by legacy systems, Kognitos processes can also be triggered manually by clicking the “Run” button from the process list or in the actual process page.
How is Kognitos Organized?
Kognitos is organized by Organizations, Departments and Processes
- Organization: A customer is listed as an “Organization” within Kognitos. Customer data sits within this organization and can be further segmented down to the department or process level. Administrators and those with the highest levels of privileges within the customer are able to see Organization wide views, manage permissions for other users, and create/delete departments as needed. Credentials that are needed organization wide are stored and managed at the organization level.
- Department: A Kognitos department is a sub-unit of the organization housing the various processes needed by that department. A common example of a department is “Accounts Receivable”, though an organization may also wish to segment their automations based on region or country as well. At the department level, organizations can manage and view processes and users within that department, manage exceptions and apply learnings.
- Process: A process is the basic unit within Kognitos, where automations are built and run in English. The process page details the current process flow, facts that are found and used in previous process runs, and any runs that currently require human intervention/exception handling. Previous runs can be reviewed and audited all in English.
Is there a test environment?
Kognitos has simplified the testing process, eliminating the need for automation tools like RPA to have multiple environments deployed. Instead, Kognitos provides users with two testing environments, each integrated within a department for easy use/toggle as needed.
- Playground: The playground is the primary testing environment where users can build and experiment with Kognitos. It checks for syntax errors, and other potential problems before a user “publishes” the process into production.
- Mini Playground: When users encounter exceptions from a process in production, they may wish to test different remedies to that problem or exception without the actual applications in the process being affected. Mini-Playground enables a user to run these different remedies to exception handling prior to handling the actual exception in production, and can also decide if the remedy should be learned for future use using “Teach a Technique”.
Does Kognitos have OCR?
Kognitos uses OCR as a part of process flows when needed. The primary OCR Kognitos uses is Amazon Textract. However, a user does not need to tell Kognitos to use OCR or do any sort of configuration. Instead, just note what is requested in English and Kognitos will recognize what is required and call OCR via API to get the desired result.
Can you work with different OCRs?
Yes, Kognitos uses the best tools available depending upon the needs of the task presented. Kognitos’s default OCR is Amazon Textract, however Kognitos can utilize any OCR for more specific results as required.
Does Kognitos have NLP capability?
Kognitos itself is built upon NLP capabilities and Large Language Models (LLMs). This enables users to build, maintain, change and audit processes all in English. Additionally, Kognitos uses NLP in a variety of ways within process runs. Using GPT-3 and other LLMs, Kognitos can read text from even highly unstructured documents or data files including emails, text, Slack/MSFT Teams, checks, receipts etc.
Can Kognitos support OCR of different languages?
Today Kognitos supports OCR from the following languages: English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish. Kognitos will be extending the number of languages it supports in the future.
Can Kognitos connect to a private Azure, AWS or GCP environment? [WDC1]
Yes. If the customer’s automation requires access to a business application that is hosted in a private cloud, we will work with the customer to establish secure connectivity between their cloud and the Kognitos service.
Can Kognitos automate across on-prem environments?
Kognitos can access on-prem environments by setting up a VPN connection with your application.
Do you have rollback support within a department?
Kognitos today does not have version control but this is a key part of our product roadmap. This feature is expected to be available in Q2 of 2023.
How are upgrades managed?
As a SaaS platform, Kognitos automatically upgrades the departments used by customers for minimal disruption.
Where are the bots?
Kognitos does not have “Bots”. Bots have traditionally been used in RPA and other automation technologies as run-times, but quickly become a nightmare to manage needing complex orchestration and scheduling. This often results in un-used bots or “Software on the Shelf”. It also creates capacity constraints during moments when a process needs to run more than normal (ex. Holiday season for retailers). Instead, Kognitos scales on demand as needed, no extra configuration, orchestration or extra charges required.
What Port and Protocols?
All users will need to be able to access app.kognitos.com from an up-to-date web browser. Additionally, users should be able to receive emails from addresses at app.kognitos.com.
Security and Governance
Is Kognitos HIPPA Compliant?
Yes Kognitos adheres to HIPPA standards and controls and is annually audited by a third party. The Third Party audited HIPPA report can be found here.
Is Kognitos SOCII Compliant?
Kognitos adheres to SOCII controls and has achieved SOCII-Type 1 Certification with anticipated Type 2 certification achieved in April of 2023. The Third Party audited report can be found here.
Where is my data stored?
Kognitos stores data from process runs within the process itself and is bifurcated by departments.
How does Kognitos manage permissions?
Permissions are governed at the Organization and department level. Various roles can be given to users within an organization including:
- Organization Admin: Access to all departments and organization views and can add/delete users or credentials as needed.
- Department Head: Department heads have the same rights as an organization admin but only for a single department. They can add or delete users from a department, make changes to processes and control department-wide credentials.
- Process Manager: A process manager can handle build, change and delete processes. Additionally, they can save “Learnings” or route exceptions to other people to assist.
- User: Users have the lowest level of permissions within Kognitos and can only trigger automation runs and handle exceptions. They are not able to use the “Teach a Technique” function in exception handling.
Can Kognitos offer US only data residency?
Kognitos is able to offer US only data residency in select situations.
Is my data sent to ChatGPT? What if I don’t want it to be?
ChatGPT is used for conversational exception handling. Location-based OCR does not (that uses our NL interpreter). ChatGPT can be used to improve the quality of lower probability OCR extraction.
How is my data protected from other customers?
There are separate instances of the Interpreter and Knowledge Graph per customer.
How does Kognitos communicate with my organization’s applications?
Kognitos uses SSL/TLS to communicate with organization applications.
Kognitos has achieved the SOC 2 Type II certification for our best-in-class security controls and compliance with the AICPA’s Trust Services Criteria.
Unlock the Power of AI for Your Business Today
Subscribe to our Newsletter